Columbus Spousal Support Lawyer
A Former CPA Dedicated to Resolving Your Alimony Issues
At Morgan Law Offices LLC, you can be certain that your case will be handled by an experienced spousal support attorney in Columbus, Ohio. We have more than 45 years of experience helping clients resolve their divorce disputes. We are committed to providing you with the personalized legal representation you need to resolve your case as efficiently as possible.
When you call our firm, you can expect:
- The invaluable insights of a former Certified Public Accountant
- Same-day appointments when you need them
- A free consultation to discuss your legal options and see if we're the right fit for you
Our firm understands how stressful and complicated the legal process can be. We are here to make things easier on you, working hard to make sure you receive the best possible outcome.
How Do I Get Alimony in Ohio?
In order to successfully petition for spousal support, the requesting spouse would need to provide proof that they need this alimony, and that the other spouse makes enough to afford such payments. While spousal support is likelier to be granted the longer a divorcing couple was married, it is still possible to get spousal support for a shorter marriage.
How Long Does Alimony Last in Ohio?
It depends on the specific of a case, what a judge ends up signing off on as the final court order.
Temporary Spousal Support
- Temporary spousal support lasts the length of the divorce process
- It is meant to help one spouse who makes considerably less than the other
Permanent Spousal Support
- Despite the name, it can be short-term in some cases; it just means the spousal support will last after the divorce is finalized
- It is ordered when one spouse is not self-supporting
- This spousal support lasts until the spouse gets the education and experience needed to be self-supporting
How Is Spousal Support Calculated in Ohio?
The court will determine how much alimony to award based on the following factors and many others:
- The duration of the marriage
- The standard of living established during the marriage
- The financial situation of each spouse
- The ability of each spouse to contribute to their own support
- Any contribution by one spouse to the education, training, or increased earning power of the other spouse
- The age and health of both spouses
- The child custody arrangement
Contact Our Experienced Spousal Support Lawyer in Columbus
If you have questions about how alimony works in Ohio or are seeking spousal support, you need legal representation from an experienced legal advocate. At Morgan Law Offices LLC, you can be certain that you will receive the personalized representation you need to resolve your case as efficiently as possible.
Contact us online or call us at (614) 714-4800 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced spousal support lawyer.
"He listened patiently and then provided me with sound advice which I used to get out of a difficult and stressful situation. Plus, knowing that he was there to back me gave me real peace of mind."Emily B.
"Kelly Morgan took time to listen and understand my situation. When you go through such a fragile time in life it's nice to know you have someone solid in your corner to help you legally."Ally M.
"He worked my child support/ parenting agreement quickly and efficiently! I contacted Him and before you know it I was walking out of court with conditions and terms in my favor!"DJ S.
45+ Years Experience
Same Day Appointments Available
Former Certified Public Accountant